Monday, June 05, 2006

Where's my God?

As I walked back home that day
With my thoughts and feelings all astray
I tried to hold, I tried to grasp,
To know the power that holds sway.

I looked at the Churches, the Mosque and the Temple
Possibilities of His whereabouts were ample
A moment in peace was all I desired
But my search said it’s not all that simple!

I had heard of His glory and mercy around
And I heard He answers without a sound
But where do I find Him was my question now
Where is it that peace would be found?

Someone gave him a face while others did not
Some doubted His existence and questioned a lot
Some asked for proofs, while others believed
This left the believer in me distraught.

I finally reached home – sat down alone
I looked for an answer of the truth unknown
Where is God? Does His power exist?
Where is it that His glory hath shone?

I pondered it over and over again
The questions driving me insane
If the Almighty holds us so dear
Where is He at the moment of pain?

I slipped into slumber – struggling with confusion
But I woke up as my dream gave me a solution…
It took me back to my childhood
Where my father gave me a cycling tuition

I was overjoyed while he held my bike
I sped around – as much as I liked
But then he let go and off I fell
That taught me every lesson alike.

The Almighty loves us – but He wants us to learn
He wants us to look at the world and discern
To know what’s good or bad on our own
To glow the darkness – the wood shall burn!

That’s when I knew how He answers without a word
That’s when I came to understand His World
He’s here, He’s around and He’s everywhere
He’s in my faith and in all the rest I’ve heard.

But then came the picture, of the world today
With growing cynicism and moral decay
Where is their God, they do not know
Even though they meet Him everyday

Look inside – say a silent prayer.
Find Him in you – under your own layer
He’s been there with you, whenever you looked for Him
Alas! You looked not inward but everywhere!

1 Comments:

At 9:51 PM, Blogger Gulrez Alam said...

Madam , , , with all due respect, what is it that you are trying to say, is it the same old cliched thing of finding God in ourselves or you are blaming God for the present situations , , , The expressions are good but without the hitting message.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home