Thursday, July 19, 2007

Hurt and bleeding

I happen to be a member of a business networking site that has forums for writers, ramblings, random thoughts, profound musings etc.
Couple of days back, I got an alert in my mailbox about something a fellow wordsmith posted with the title 'A Kaafir killed'. Intrigued by the title, I went on to read what it was...and I found this...

I always wrote the best verse
The teacher would often say
This pandit boy will be a poet one day
My pen drew images
Of Kashmir,
Meadows and pines
Springs and brooks
Snow and shine

Alas, I forgot….I was a Pandit too,

Soon they will come
To take me away
To the cold street
And shoot me down
My blood will freeze
Before it oozes

My verse would freeze
My voice, go dumb
The azan would rise
And the warriors of God
Will soon find another
Voice to quell
Another pandit to kill

The morning news would read
A KAFIR killed on a cold street
(By Rashneek Kher)

It pains to see that as Muslims, we have lost face to even sympathise with people who are wronged by followers of our own faith.

I don't know if I should apologise to people who have been at the receiving end of religious fanaticism or if I should sympathise with the ones who think they are doing the right thing by killing mindlessly...they are themselves victims to someone's selfish motives.

I don't know what more to write here... this poem hurt me... hurt my religious sentiments... no, not because it points a finger at Muslims... but because it generalises the idea in the reader's mind that all non-followers of Islam will be killed as Kaafirs...while Islam has no such ideals.

With a bleeding heart...I sign this post...may Allah give the 'Warriors' some wisdom to not kill in His name or in the name of Islam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home